You’ve arrived to WaterColor Inn and are just counting down the minutes until you walk down to the beach – so, what items do you bring? What can’t you absolutely live without? We’ve rounded up the essentials that are sure to make your beach day more enjoyable, fashionable and flexible, so you can just focus on soaking up the sun or soaking in the Gulf. Better yet? You can find all of these items right here in the resort, at the WaterColor Store in the Town Center. Happy packing!
- Beach Bag or Tote. First things first, right? And in this case, the bigger, the better! Sea Bags® are ideal for carrying a beach-day’s worth of essentials, as are the trusty complimentary beach bags available to WaterColor Inn guests (and available for purchase after checkout).
- Skin Protection. No accessory can match well-cared-for skin, which is why a trusty SPF never goes out of style as a beach-bag essential. Locals seem to prefer Supergoop!®, but you can’t go wrong with any brand for protecting your skin from the sun.
- Water Bottle. Speaking of taking care of your body, staying hydrated is also a must. Be like the locals and grab a colorful WaterColor-branded one by Yeti or Corkcicle. Consider getting yourself two: one for water and one for a cold beverage of your choice (beachside cold brew, anyone?).
- Sunglasses. Every beach bag needs some stylish items, which is why we’re obsessed with the trendy yet affordable designs by I-SEA, available at the WaterColor Store. With all-day UV protection, you’ll be ready to set your eyes on making the most of your beach plans.
- Hat. For extra sun protection (and, let’s be honest, a very cute look), pack a hat of your choice – whether you prefer a stylish straw hat, a baseball cap or a trucker hat, you’ll be well dressed for the occasion – and you’ll find plenty to choose from at the WaterColor Store, too, including ones treated with SPF. What can we say? We’re always well equipped for the beach here.
- Sandals. Trust us, you won’t want to walk down to the beach barefoot during the hot summer months. Pack some Ipanema sandals for her and Peter Millar flip-flops for him, and you’ll be ready to pound the sugar-white sand in both comfort and style.
- Cold Beverages. On your way out to the beach, stop by the FOOW Package Store to choose from a curated selection of spirits, wines and beers to-go. Cheers!
- Snacks. The beach will make you hungry, so stock up on some healthy, light and energy-boosting ready-to-go treats from The Gathering Spot’s grab-and-go menu, and you’ll have all of the fuel you need for a memorable day on the beach!
- Bonus Item: UV-Protective Clothing. If you’re planning to be out in the sun all day or just need an extra bit of protection, we recommend packing some UV-protective clothing, like these Flex SPF hoodies and tees, also available at the WaterColor Store.
What else will you be adding to your beach bag? Let us know on Instagram by tagging #watercolorinn. Want to pack up your beach bag essentials before your beach trip? Head to shopwatercolor.com to browse the WaterColor Store’s online selection. And don’t forget to stop by the WaterColor Town Center to shop in person!
Details included in this story were accurate at time of publication but are subject to change based on seasonal schedules, amenity and/or operational updates. For the most current information, please visit the respective property’s website.